Tuesday, September 8, 2015

"And suddenly you know...It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings."

This quote just SO fits how I am feeling tonight.  I am so hopeful for this week and the beginnings that our family is experiencing.  Every single one of us is venturing into something new.



The magic of beginnings.  I just love it. Instead of feeling anxious or nervous or doubtful, I am trusting in the magic of beginnings.  I am so grateful for this beginning I am starting.

Tonight was open house at my new school and I stood awkwardly at my office door kind of wondering why I was even there.  Kids were walking towards their new classroom with backpacks full of supplies and parents in tow. I smiled as they went by and watched as the office helped those that stopped for one reason or another.  A line started to form and a mother and 5 year old boy stood at the back of the line, close to my office.  I smiled and said hello and that was all it took.  He was the most excited a kid has even been to go to school.  He was literally bouncing with excitement when he told me he got to come to this school every day and be a kindergartner.  He told me he was so excited to meet new friends and see his classroom and play outside and then in mid-sentence he jumped towards me and gave me a hug.  He was so happy to be there.  And at that moment, I was too.  It was a little piece of magic.


No comments:

Post a Comment