Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Garden 2014

We have planted a garden again this year in the 3 boxes we have and have expanded out beyond them a bit as well.  So far it is looking quite and except for the green beans everything is in!  We are growing a few new things this year and other than a few slugs, we have lots of green in the back yard.  Taelin was very excited to help with the picking out and planting.  She has also loved the watering but there are a lot of bugs back there and she is no so much into the bugs!

The strawberries have been producing more than
they ever have and they are so good!

Lots of tomatoes...2 cherry plants and 2 beefeaters

White onions...I think I am going to be able to
 harvest them and replant for more!

Tomatillos are new this year...I planted two and judging by the amount of flowers
you can see (and the ones you can't see, I am going to have WAY too many!)

The peas have been so good this year.  They are about done, which I think
is a good thing, because that zucchini is going to need a bit more room.

I only did one zuchinni plant this year because I had way more than
 I could use last year.  It was hard to even give it away by the end.
It's looking so good and we are looking forward to kabobs and bread very soon!

Another addition to the garden this year, is dill.  It was kind of
expensive last year when I made pickles so I planted some dill.

CORN!  I am most excited about this new addition!  Grilled corn is seriously
 one of my favorite things about summer.  Tucked in there as well is a pumpkin plant.
 Next year, those are both going on the top row of the retaining wall.

I cut the raspberries down last fall at the suggestion of someone who knows better than I.
They are coming back with a vengeance.  Joe built some trellis for it and while we probably
 won't get many berries this year, next year will be a banner crop, I hope!

We planted these blueberries last year and so fast they are doing well!

These aren't fruit or veggies but they are my favorite and I am so
 happy to have some in both the front and back yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment