Friday, June 6, 2014

Top 5 Friday: My Top 5 Favorite Maya Angelo quotes

I was so saddened when I woke to the news that Maya Angelo had passed away.  I never was lucky enough to hear her speak, but her written words are some of the most wonderfully inspiring words.  Here are my Top 5 Favorite quotes...


  • "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
  • “When someone shows you who they are believe them; the first time."
  • “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” 
  • “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” 
  • “I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.” 

It was hard to pick 5...

No comments:

Post a Comment