Monday, May 23, 2011

Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum

AMAZING!  This is the book that I have been waiting for!  Finally a book that I just couldn't put down but at the same time didn't want to finish.

There is no way I will do justice to try and summarize this book, but I will give a little nibble for those of you that might want it.  It is a historical fiction novel that jumps between Nazi Germany and present day Minnesota.  It follows two women, a mother and her child, through these two different time frames. Anna, the mother, is raised in Germany during WWII and finds herself in a captivating story that pushes the reader to think, "What would I do?"  Trudy, Anna's daughter, we get to see has a young girl and an adult, trying to understand where she has come from. "Who am I really?"  Another question I often find myself asking.

There were so many moments in the book that I found myself holding my breath; waiting to see what was going to happen.  There were so many times that I just had to stop for a minute to really let the events from the books sink in.  While this novel was a piece of fiction, I am sure many of the things that were written about happened in one form or another.  It was just unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment