Wednesday, February 22, 2012

ardent:having, expressive of, or characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

***small disclaimer for this Wordy Wednesday...I have heard and read the word before, but because I don't every use it in my day to day vocabulary...I am counting it***

Today Taelin turned 3.  She has been waiting for her birthday to come since mine in September.  There has been much talk of how old she was going to be and what kind of birthday party she wanted to have.  We have talked about other people's birthdays and looked a pictures from past birthday parties.  She has been so excited about having a birthday party...and her cake...she has been planning her cake for awhile.

I also have had some ardent feelings about her birthday, but they are a little different than hers.  By the time I got to work this morning, I had already been brought to tears four times.  I just can't believe she is 3.  Where did this year go?

We have done a lot in this past year.  We have remodel 1/3 of our home, survived Joe's back surgery and recovery, been to Montana to see friends and attend Lorie's wedding.  We have gone on picnics and played at parks.  We have read book after book and discovered the amazing  powers of liquid glue. We have had tea parties and played dress up and danced and sang.  If I listed everything out we would have a HUGE list; we are trying to live life...yet.... Where did this year go?

I have talked to many friends (many of them mothers) and after they graciously listen to me go on and on about this they just smile.  They smile and then they say, "Just wait. You will blink and they will be grown up." Even just typing that and thinking about it brings tears to my eyes again.  Oh, how I don't want to blink.

As I was tucking Taelin in tonight, I leaned over to kiss her and told her how happy and grateful I was to be her mama.  I told her she was so incredibly special to me and that I was proud of the kind and sweet girl she was.  I gave her a hug and told her that I loved her so much; more than I could have ever imagined.  She grabbed my hand and kissed the middle of my palm and then in such a strong, clear voice replied, "I know Mama. Thank you."

No, thank you my sweet, sweet girl.  Happy Birthday...I love you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you have this wonderful girl in your world. Being a mother is THE BEST... and then, if you are lucky... you get to be a GRANDMA. I so appreciate how you savor this time. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete