Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Death Masks, Blood Rites, Dead Beat, Proven Guilty, White Night and Small Favors by Jim Butcher

So...you might have noticed that I haven't been blogging a whole lot lately.  There are two reasons for that.  One, it is spring and spring is a crazy time of year for teachers.  Testing, testing and more freaking testing on top of the already HUGE load of work makes for lots of stress.  Two...I have been reading.  A whole lot.

I can safely say that I am more than hooked on the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.  So much that when I first started this post I only had three titles and then I hit "save" instead of "publish" because I needed to get started on the next book.  Now I am back to finish this post and need to add three more books to the post title.

I am not going to go back and recap all of the stories.  I will say they are a little formulaic but that is kind of what happens when you have a long standing series like this.  There are reoccurring characters that come and go and while I suppose each story could stand on it's own, there are definitely some overarching story lines in addition to the specific story.

There are 4 more left in the series (that is published) but I don't get the impression that the series will be over at that point.  I do think though at that point, there are some other authors I would like to spend some time reading.  But until that point, I really do need to wrap this up.  Book 11 is waiting...

Oh...this officially completes my goal of reading 50 books!  Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment