Saturday, December 21, 2013

Easiest Artichoke Spinach Dip Ever!

Did you know that Christmas is only 4 days away?!?  We have been racing through each day since getting back from Disneyland  and I am feeling a little behind.  The tree is not decorated, not many presents have been purchased, cards haven't been sent....you get the picture.

I have had two small parties this week here at the house.  My teachers came over one night and then some dear friends the next night.  I was looking for something easy to make that could be warm and would be something I could try that I haven't tried before.  (Cause that makes sense when you are feeling super behind...kind of like doing a blog post on a recipe makes sense....)

Anyway, I checked Allrecipes and found a super easy one.  Once the garlic is roasted it is just a matter of mixing everything together and baking.  I thought I might post it just in case someone else out there is feeling really behind but wants to try something new.  There has got to be someone else like that out there...right?

Here is the original recipe from Allrecipes.  I pretty much followed it to a tee except for a few things that I read in the reviews.

Here is what I did...

Ingredients:

4 cloves of garlic
1 package of chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (I used the ones in the water)
1/2 of jar of Alfredo sauce
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cups of grated Parmesan cheese
1 package of softened cream cheese

Directions:

1. Roast garlic cloves in a 350 degree oven until the garlic is soft (I used elephant garlic so it took a little longer.) Mash garlic once it is roasted.
2. Mix the garlic, spinach, artichoke hearts, Alfredo sauce, mozzerella cheese, Parmesan cheese and cream cheese all together.
3. Put mixture in an oven safe baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.  (I separated it into two different dishes for my two parties.)

I don't really like spinach artichoke dip but I know a lot of people do and the people that tried it said they liked it!



No comments:

Post a Comment