Saturday, December 21, 2013

Top Five Friday (I am beginning to see a Saturday morning pattern...)

I just realized when I logged on, that a couple of the post that I thought I did on my phone while we were in Disneyland last week didn't post.  We had a great 4 full days and 2 half days in the two different parks and Downtown Disney.  We actually purchased annual passes and are planning a couple more trips this year.  I had a different plan for my Top Five Friday list, but since those other posts seem to have disappeared, I have changed my mind.

Here are my top 5 Disneyland moments from our vacation last week.

1.  Ice Skating in Downtown Disney  To promote the new movie Frozen (which is excellent), they had an ice rink with rentals in Downtown Disney.  Despite prior back problems for Joe and not the best feet for me, we rented skates for all of us and had a great time. They were playing the soundtrack from the movie and it couldn't have been more fun!

2.  Haunted Mansion This ride has been a favorite in the past but it was all decked out with The Nightmare Before Christmas theme and was just amazing.  It was by far the one Taelin wanted to ride again and again...and since we were there for so long, I think we rode it at least 5 times.  Every time there were different things we noticed.  It made me so excited to go with my sister next fall...which is in the plans...since it is one of her favorite movies!

3. Mickey Shaped Beignets One of the things that Taelin wanted to do was get beignets when we were in Disneyland.  She has seen them in The Princess and The Frog and said she wanted to try them. There were a couple of points during the trip that Joe went on some of the rides that Taelin was too short for/I was too scared to ride so the two of us ventured off on our own.  During one of those times was when we got beignets and she was so excited.  It will for sure be a staple on future trips.

4. Rides in Fantasyland the last night with Taelin On the last night, Joe and our friends that live down there and joined us for the day, had fast passes to go on Space Mountain.  Taelin is tall enough to do that ride but it is safe to say that she would not like it between the speed and the darkness.  Anyway, they went to go on that ride and Taelin and I headed to Fantasyland.  The fireworks had been cancelled that night and there were no lines in Fantasyland.  I repeat, no lines.  In the time that they went on their one ride we rode the Tea Cups twice, Dumbo twice and the Carousel.  The Tea Cups at night is truly one of my favorites and after days of waiting in lines and lots of people, it was just a nice change of pace.

5. Christmas Decorations I LOVED all of the Christmas decorations!!!  It was one of the main reasons we picked a trip in December and I was not disappointed.  There were decorated trees everywhere, beautiful lights, Christmas themed parades and even the characters had different outfits.  It was truly, truly magical!


Overall, we couldn't have had a more amazing trip!  Christmas shopping will be easier for each other because that was our gift.  And such a gift it was.  A gift of time together, fun and laughter and new experiences.





No comments:

Post a Comment