Friday, December 27, 2013

Top 5 Friday! On Friday!

I think I like the few days after Christmas as much as I like Christmas itself.  Ok..maybe not as much, but pretty close.  The days are slower pace than the ones that have just passed.  You get to take a closer look at the presents you received and now with Taelin, it means playing with new toys and games.  Today, Taelin and I (mostly me) rearranged the upstairs to accommodate her new desk that Santa brought. This year, in particularly, this month felt rushed because of our trip to Disneyland (no complaining about that...just made the rest of the prep for Christmas crazy!) so this time now until going back to work is especially welcome.  

But before I get to far into the rearranging, purging and organizing that I love to do this time of year, my Top 5 Friday this week for focusing on my Top 5 moments of Christmas this year. (The fact that these all had to to with Taelin will come to a shock to all of you I am sure!)

1.  Taelin's Wish List  Taelin obviously wrote a letter to Santa and Santa fulfilled her two wishes of a desk and a potion kit.  But a few days before Christmas, I asked her if there was anything specific that she might like from Joe or I.  She thought for a moment and then said, "I want one of those picture frames that has a couple of pictures in it."  I asked her which pictures she would want and she told me ones of our family, including the cat and dog. So, of course, I picked up a frame with room for 4 pictures. Such a sweetie.  It was the only thing she said she wanted.  

2.  Christmas Eve Present Joe grew up with the tradition of opening one present on Christmas Eve.  The guidelines are that it has to be something that can be used that night and it can't be one of your bigger presents.  Taelin has been wanting Lambie from Doc McStuffins for months.  Lambie is a little stuffed lamb in the show and every time Taelin has seen the plush doll in any store (and they are all over) she begs to have one.  I found one on sale and have been so excited to give it to her.  I settled on it being her Christmas Eve present and she was SO excited when she opened it up.  The two of them have been inseparable since.  

3.  Reading Our Countdown Books I can't remember exactly when it was, but one day after dark Taelin and I sat on the couch next to the lit Christmas tree surrounded in her Christmas Countdown books.  We took turns picking our favorite ones and we sipped hot chocolate as we read.  It was one of those Hallmark moments.  My heart was so full of love and gratitude that I just didn't want it to end. 

4. Cousin Love Taelin is absolutely in love with my cousin Tina's daughter, and I think it is safe to say that the feeling is mutual.  We drove up to Portland for dinner and to exchange presents on Christmas Day.  I think Taelin was off playing before I even set everything down and there were tears when it was time to leave.  They played together all evening, ate as quickly as they could so they could get back to playing.  I never had my extended family around growing up and it is so fun to see them so happy together!

5. Elsa and Anna If you haven't seen the movie Frozen yet (and you like Disney musicals about princesses) then you are missing out!  Taelin is nothing short of obsessed with this movie and would be perfectly happy spending day after day at the movie theater.  The longest line we stood in during our trip to Disneyland earlier this month was the Elsa and Anna Character Meet Up...1 hour and 45 minutes.  Taelin got an Elsa doll from Nana and an Anna doll from Joe and I which led to (and will continue to) random outbursts of songs from the movie and scenes being reenacted from the movie.  At one point in the afternoon, before driving up to Portland, I was folding a load of laundry real quick and Taelin was playing in the room. She was literally singing at the top of lungs and was in her own little world! Such a pure happy heart.


That makes my first Top 5 Friday that is actually getting published on Friday!  Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment