Friday, September 14, 2012

Date Night...Jim Gaffigan

Last spring I bought tickets to see Jim Gaffigan.  For those of you that don't know him, he is a hilarious comedian.  We had seen him before but he kept talking about Hot Pockets over and over again and I didn't really like the show all that much.  Since then he has done a few specials and I have to say that I have definitely warmed up to him.

Joe and I both appreciate funny things and I purposefully put seeing a comedian on my list because of that. Since having Taelin I am less likely to plan things that don't include her (which I think for the most part is a good thing) but I do feel like it is also important to keep doing some of the things that we did before, although far less often. Enter Jim Gaffigan.

 I am so glad that Taelin is getting to the point where she can carry on a conversation...but now she wants to carry on a conversation...ALL.THE.TIME.  That makes it difficult to try and carry on other conversations...which way this comedy show couldn't have come at a better time.  It was up in Portland so we had the drive up and back to talk.  We got there early enough to stop into a little Chinese place and have some appetizers (and get our parking validated) and then stopped for dinner on our way home.

Taelin meanwhile happily played with Nana at home.  And Nana was very happy about that.

The show was great.  The food was great.  The company was great.  Really just a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment