Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saving Max by Antoinette van Heugten

Another amazing book! This book follows Danielle who is a single mom and a lawyer about to make partner who takes her son Max to a psychiatric hospital for evaluation.  Danielle is a fierce advocate for her son and refuses to believe her son is capable of the murder he is charged with after he is found in the same room with another patient who has been horribly mutilated.

I admit myself completely annoyed with Danielle's behavior for a better part of the book and thought for awhile that an evaluation for her at a psychiatric hospital might be in her interest too.  I do think that it was the author's intent for me to feel that way and I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Even though I expected a twist at the end, nothing could have prepared me for the end.  I feel like I can't write much more without giving something away.  I will certainly be watching this author for her next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment