Friday, January 3, 2014

There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. ~Joseph Brodsky

I came to the realization recently (that was confirmed at NCTE) that I am WAY out of the children's literature loop.  If it hasn't been sold in a Scholastic book order, I probably don't know it...which is really, really not ok.

So, added to my list is for me to read at least 10 new books per month.  Here are the 10 from the month of December! Obviously, it is heavy with Christmas books but there are a few non-Christmas ones too.  If you want to know more about any of these, www.goodreads.com would be the place to check that out!  I thought about giving a synopsis...but I kind of don't want to take the time to do that. I will rate each book out of 5 stars and I might mention in a caption if I think there is something particularly great about a book.  If I stick to my goal, I will read at least 320 new picture books by the end of my time!  That won't even put a dent into what it being published, but it's a start!


2 out of 5 stars

2 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars
Incredible book!

3 out of 5 stars

3 out of 5 stars

3 out of 5 stars

3 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

4 out of 5 stars
such classic Eve Bunting, would be a great mentor text for lots of things





No comments:

Post a Comment