Monday, November 21, 2011

Caruso's Italian Cafe & Wine Bar

I was making Chicken Marsala the other night for dinner and realized that I had not blogged about a new restaurant that I had gone to the end of October.  Looking back, I was probably pretty tired because it was just a week after Joe's surgery and at that point I was still getting up every four hours to make sure he was taking the right dosage of pain pills and muscle relaxants.  So grateful that time has passed...

Anyway, I had missed the September's Girls Night Out and was determined not to miss the October.  We headed out to Keizer because one of the 5 of us lives out there and is always coming into Salem.  I think Caruso's has been there for at least a few years, but because it is a bit of a drive Joe and I haven't ventured that way.  It is also very likely that it has only been in existence since Taelin has been born...and it is NOT a place I would take a small child.

It is a beautiful restaurant that reminds me a lot of a place you might go for an anniversary or Valentine's Day.  A place to get dressed up and have a quiet night away from the everyday hustle and bustle.  I had Chicken Marsala, which is why me cooking the other night reminding of this missing post.  It came with risotto and a spinach/Parmesan cake kind-of-thing.  I didn't eat the spinach/cake thing because I wasn't really interested in it and one of my friends thought hers was delicious...so off my plate it went!  I liked the dish okay, but decided that I am more partial to non-creamy Chicken Marsala.  The risotto was AMAZING...which means I have it on my "recipes I want to try" list.

I don't remember at this point what everyone else had, but I know that everyone was happy with their food.  There were really two drawbacks for us in terms of being a good place for our Girl's Night Out.  First was that they were only open from 5-9, so we shut the place down.  It just isn't designed to be a place where you can come and stay for a really long time.  The second, is that is a very quite restaurant.  Not bad if you were there staring into the eyes of someone your love....kind of bad if you want to tell hilarious stories about the inappropriate things our kids say!

Overall, pretty good food with a great atmosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment