Saturday, November 26, 2011

impedimenta: baggage or other things that retard one's progress, as supplies carried by an army

So, not too surprisingly, I was correct in thinking that once my classes at Willamette started up that Wordy Wednesday would get pushed all around.  However, I am still going to try and aim for Wednesday's and am going to try and plan ahead for the next few weeks.  This week though I am late...4 days late.  I guess better late than never?

This week the remodel is finally finished!!!!  I am so excited to have it all done but the big chore of putting everything back together was...well...a big chore.  I thought through the years that I had done a good job of decreasing the amount of "stuff" we have but I am finding that isn't really the case.  We had to pile a lot of things in other rooms so this little remodel feels like it has turned into one big house reorganization. I really do feel like all the impedimenta that has piled up in the guest room/garage/closets is making this whole thing even more difficult.  I am really trying to subscribe to the "a place for everything and everything in it's place" philosophy.  Apparently right now the bed in the guest room is the place for many things.

I have purposefully scheduled a gingerbread house decorating party for next Saturday which will force me to keep working instead of closing the door and pretending that everything is clean.  I know I have promised already, but I really do promise pictures of all the changes once I get everything in it's place!

No comments:

Post a Comment