Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blue, Growth, Child, Smile....The Beginning of 100 Snapshots

A little while ago I did some revising of my list.  One of the things I added was 100 Snapshots.  The idea is pretty simple, they gave 100 words for people to capture a picture.  A person can interpret each word for themselves however they see appropriate.  Just a low pressure way of getting better at taking pictures.

I have been trying (kind of) to become better at taking photos.  Right now, I am really trying to pay attention to the "rule of thirds" as well as thinking about what is in the background of my picture.  (I don't want the lamp post coming out of a head, as my sister put it.)  Sometimes I pay closer attention to it than others, mostly depending on of what I am taking a picture. For instance, Halloween, I didn't mess around too much because I knew it was a "This is the only time she will be 2 for a Halloween." kind of a situation.  But today, I needed to rake leaves so I took my camera out with me and was able to fuss with a few things.  If you look at my photos now they are better than they used to be, but my goal isn't to make it a side business or anything remotely like that; I just want to become better at capturing the moments in life.

So, without much more...here are the first four on the list of 100.  (I sure seem to be drawn to lists....)

10. Blue
Crater Lake

12. Growth
My poor excuse for a garden this year was pretty much just this one tomato plant that maybe produced 10 tomatoes.
18. Child
Just happens to be my favorite child...
67. Smile
A 2 year old on Halloween...of course there is a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment