Friday, September 9, 2011

Revision of the List

I made my list on March 1st of 2011. Thirteen days into my list, I had to make a revision. You can read this if you want to know all about my Rubix cube debacle.  At that point, I was a little nervous that I was changing things so soon, but I got over it pretty quickly.  The Rubix cube now officially belongs to Taelin and every once and awhile I find it when I am cleaning and start shaking my head again.  Stupid puzzle.

Since then, number 68 has just been a line of question marks.  It bugged me a bit when I would notice it, but shook it off knowing that at some point I would be inspired by something that I just had to put on my list and that would be that.  And that would have probably been true except that tonight when I was reviewing my list to look at what might be next, I got an unpleasant nagging feeling as I scrolled past two other things on my list.  It was the same unpleasant nagging feeling I have had for awhile every time I scrolled past them.  So...tonight... for some reason, I have decided that my list needed some revising.

First, I suppose I should admit to what I am taking out.  Number 34 and 35 both reference writing letters; one was to be to my mom, the other to my dad.  Without going into the long psychology of it all (which I am sure could keep a therapist busy for months) it just comes down to the fact that I don't want to do it.  This list is about personal growth and enjoyment and I don't think doing either of those things would serve my list's purpose.  So, they are out.  I already feel better.

That being done, I am left with 3 of my 101 undefined.  I was willing to let one float out there unknown, but 3?  Not so much.  So...here are the new (and I think, improved) revisions to my list.

34. Learn a new word every week  (This will be good for me.  Joe is constantly using words that I don't know.  I have thought for awhile that my vocabulary could be expanded, so here is my chance.)
35. Simplify my life in 10 tangible ways (A dear friend once gave me a sign that said simplify...I need to embrace it a little more)
68. Complete the 100 Snapshots Challenge (I am excited about this addition.  I just kind of stumbled upon this and think it will be a great addition for several reasons.)

So, that is what is completely new.

In one final revision (for now), I am reclassifying number 95.  Back in May, I had decided to make Taelin the theme of my A-Z photos.  I even went as far as making an A-Z list and having it taped up on the inside of my kitchen cupboard.  I had started on it, but then lost track of it.  The cupboard that the list was taped in was the one that had to be ripped out because of the fire and when I pulled the list off when I was emptying the cupboard I just threw it out.  For another reason that would keep the same therapist mentioned above even more busy, I really don't want to spend my time with Taelin just taking pictures of her.  I will take pictures when I can, but I am not going to forgo having an experience with her so I can take a picture.  So, while I am keeping the A-Z photography list, I am changing the status from "in progress" to "not started" and will hope that inspiration will strike again for a different theme.

I think that is enough revision for the moment.  And now that it is taken care of, I can go back to scrolling through and picking what is up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment