Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. ~Winston Churchill

I have dreamed about writing this blog post....for a long while. I never really got very far into writing it in my dream, but I imagined myself sitting down to write it, and it is finally here.

I am proud to say that at my weigh-in tonight, I lost 3 pounds.  And with that loss, I officially have lost a total of 100 pounds.

It has not been easy.  It has been a humbling, and at times, a humiliating journey.  There have been times I have wanted to give up.  There are times I did give up.   If you had asked me 2 1/2 years ago if I was going to be able to do it, I would have probably said, "Doubtful."  But somewhere, somehow, I found the courage and the strength to keep going.  I have beat myself and forgiven myself more than I can even remember.  But I did it....and I am not done yet.

But before I get too far ahead of myself, I want to celebrate a little.

I have lost 100 pounds.  It is crazy to think that I probably wouldn't be able to actually carry a 100 pound weight very far, but that I was carrying that every single day on my body.

I have lost 100 pounds.  And I have lost the hurt and shame I felt when I carried that 100 pounds with me.

I have lost 100 pounds.  It is easier to see myself; not just in the mirror but the what is really in my heart.

I have lost 100 pounds and it feels amazing.

4 comments:

  1. Woot! Go Jodie!! You are seriously one of the most determined and strong people I know and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing a happy dance! You go girl! You inspire me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! Congratulations! Your focus and determination are incredible! I'm so proud of you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodie, that is amazing and something to be SO proud of! Gives me hope to try to keep getting my weight down. Yay you!! I think you need to buy yourself a fantastic new outfit to celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete