Monday, November 21, 2011

Roasted Carrot Coins

Joe is not a guy that likes a lot of vegetables.  When we first lived together I think canned corn and canned green beans were all that he would eat....green salad, sometimes.  I have been working on him and I have to say that he has come a long way.  At this point, he eats way more raw vegetables than cooked (which I think actually might be better for you) but usually I eat raw vegetables during the day and I like my dinner to be hot food.  So, I have been on the hunt for easy, vegetable sides that I can serve with dinner.  

There a lot of side dishes out there, but many of them have cream or butter or both and that just isn't going to fly in this house anymore.  Another trend I saw in vegetable recipes is that they had 12 ingredients and 20 steps, seriously...who has time for that?!?  So when I saw a recipe on Pinterest for Roasted Carrot Coins I knew I had to try it.  I hate to even call it a recipe because there are seriously only 4 ingredients and two steps...but I am counting it.  

I changed the amount of oil but other than that I used this recipe from what is actually a blog that focuses on helping get easy healthy recipes for kids while involving them in the kitchen.

Ingredients
2 cups of carrots, cut into coins
2 teaspoons of oil
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
1/4 teaspoon of course salt

Directions
1. Combine all the ingredients. (Hard to follow I know....)
2. Roasted in oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.  (I actually used my toaster oven and they were done in 20 minutes)

They got a thumbs up from Joe!  In the rotation they go....

No comments:

Post a Comment