Monday, January 7, 2013

What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman

It isn't really too surprising to me that it has taken me such a long time to pick up a book. I had a really good run of fantastic books and December had me running crazy.  But I thought I should be able to say that I read at least one book over my break so I took this book with me when we went to Sunriver.  There was actually a time where Taelin and Joe were both taking a nap and I was able to sit down and start it.

Overall, I only gave this book three out of five stars on Goodreads.  It was pretty much "ok".  I think it was supposed to be a suspenseful book with a twist of an ending and, for me, it didn't really accomplish that.  I did keep reading though, not because I had to find out the truth, but because I had to find out if I was right...which I was.  

I don't even really want to try and summarize it. It is kind of mystery.  There are two girls that go missing in 1975 and years later, after a car crash, a women is brought to the hospital and claims to be one of the girls.  The rest of the novel unravels the story of the woman and the others that have been effected, either in the past or the present.  That is as best as I can do right now.  It was an "ok" book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment