Monday, June 20, 2011

BBQ Sauce

Oh my gosh...I am so far behind.  I made this BBQ sauce a month ago, it is already half gone and I am just now getting around to blogging the recipe.  (not that anyone is sitting around waiting for it...I just hate having things left undone)

I have been looking for a BBQ that I could make for some time that both Joe and I would like AND would satisify my need to eliminate high fructose corn syrup.  I don't really like smoky sauces and Joe doesn't like them too sweet...see the problem.

So I started scouring the internet looking at different recipes, tried a couple of things and have landed on this one.  It is a pretty basic sauce...it just tastes like BBQ sauce but Joe and I like it and it doesn't have high fructose corn syrup.  


Ingredients


  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups ketchup
  • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
  • 3 dashes hot pepper sauce

  • Directions

  • Combine all ingredients in a blender until mixed well.  (yeah, it was hard I tell you)

  • When I measured out my ketchup (which was free of high fructose corn syrup) it was the last of the 32 oz bottle so I cleaned the ketchup bottle out and poured the BBQ sauce back in the bottle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment