Monday, June 20, 2011

Fan Potatoes

I am always looking for different ways to prepare potatoes.  Joe LOVES potatoes.  I think he loves them outright, but the fact that they can also be used as a way to eat butter and salt seals the deal for him.  Me, on the other hand, could not eat baked potatoes every other night like Joe does.  So, the last time I was planning on serving potatoes with whatever else we were having, I search around and saw quite a few variations of this recipe.  I don't really know what to call the, but since you "fan" out the potato a little bit, I decided on calling them fan potatoes.  Yeah, I know, not original.

Anyway....here is the recipe.  It was pretty easy and it was good.  I won't go through the trouble of making them all the time, but when I am looking for something a little different I will definitely make them again.

Ingredients

2 baking potatoes
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/8 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper as you like

Directions

1. After washing the potatoes (I shouldn't have to say that, should I?) slice the potato width-wise but don't cut all the way through. I cut slice that were probably 1/8 of an inch.  When you are done, you can kind of fan out the potato at the top.  (This is where me taking pictures for this blog would be helpful.)

2. Place each potato, fan side up in a baking dish.  Combine the melted butter, olive oil, and paprika and brush over each potato.  Be sure that the butter/olive oil/paprika mixture gets down in between the slices. 

3.  Sprinkle salt and pepper as it suits you and bake in an oven set at 350 until the potato is done. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment