Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

I have read a lot of books in my life.  I am lucky enough to say that a lot of the books that I have read have been pretty good, even great.  That being said, The Book Thief is the best book I have ever read. Period.

I am not even going to try and summarize this book.  Anything I say will simply take away from the actual book, which I think everyone should read.  It was just simply amazing.  The characters, the story line, the writing...all amazing.  I loved this book from the first page.  There were several times this book took my breath away (which is such a cliche) but it is true.  I actually had to tell myself to start breathing again.

I had told my friend Betty (who reads more than anyone I know) that I was reading the book and she just looked at me and said, "I love that little girl," and that is all she said.  I understand now why that is all she said. (and I have to agree with her...I love that little girl too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment