Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chicken Curry...in the crockpot

I have tried to make chicken curry in the past with very little success.  It isn't my favorite thing, but I do enjoy it now and again.  Joe, on the other hand, enjoys curry quite a bit so I thought I would give it another shot.  This time though, I decided to use my crockpot and see if that would work.  I have to say, it was pretty darn good.  I read through a lot of different recipes and their reviews and finally landed on one.  Then I changed it a little bit...


Ingredients:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon of ginger root, grated
2 tablespoons of curry powder
2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
1/2 cinnamon stick
1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 beef bouillon cube
1 cup white wine
12 oz coconut milk (I used the "lite" can)
1/2 cup of water


Directions:
1. Combine water, wine, and coconut milk in the crockpot.
2. Add bouillon cube, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, cinnamon stick, peanut butter, curry powder, ginger root, and garlic.
3. Add sliced onion and cubed chicken and mix together.
4. Cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8) stirring several times while cooking.  


I served it with white rice and garlic naan from Trader Joe's.  It made 8 cups and I had a TON leftover and now have 3 packages in the freezer.  I probably will cut it in half the next time I make it, but we had the possibility of guest for dinner than ended up not being able to join us.  





    1 comment:

    1. We were sad. :( Though it was prolly for the best, both Levi and I are sick today.

      Sounds like it was amazing!

      ReplyDelete