Wednesday, October 5, 2011

halcyon: calm; peaceful; tranquil

There might be a theme starting to emerge...granted, I don't know that two days in a row really constitutes a theme but maybe.  Anyway, I am sitting here a little under an hour from the end of this week's Wordy Wednesday and am just now starting to write.

My days lately have been anything but halcyon, but I am trying hard to remember that even during chaos a moment of peace and calm can be found if I am search for it.  Tonight, my cup of peppermint tea and writing is where my halcyon moment will be found.  And I am sure tomorrow will bring more chaos in both familiar and unfamiliar ways but I am just as sure that I will look for a tranquil moment...and I will find it.

And because I am kind of out of words that are publish-worthy (versus my ramblings....yea, there is a difference!) ...

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. ~Maya Angelou

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV-hSgL1R74

    "Halcyon and on and on" by Orbital. It's some good stuff.

    ReplyDelete