Wednesday, October 12, 2011

foment: instigate or provoke discord

Before I get started on my word this week, I have to admit that I was right.  My depth of vocabulary is fairly shallow because every week there are people that already know the word that I am using.  Then I get all worried that I am using it incorrectly or that people are going to think, "Really, she doesn't know that word?"  And then I dismissed that...because the whole point is to learn new-to-me words and I should get over the fact there are people that I know that already know them.

SO...this week's word is foment. The florist at The Cape Cod Florist in Hyannis, MA is responsible for my word choice this week.  Her lack of professionalism and integrity certainly led to foment discord on a day that was already difficult enough.  I don't imagine my interactions with her are finished as I stopped payment on the transaction.  My guess is that she thinks she is deserving and we will certainly be having a conversation about that....mostly to let her know that she in incorrect.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have your own word wall. So I would like to nominate two words (one silly and one serious!)

    The other day I was working with a MS coach on something YAST or ATL related and she called me O.G. I was super excited as I had no idea what that meant... (see below for word). So I would like to nominate O.G. as one future word option.

    The second word is ubiquitous, quite literally! A few years back I was able to attend a technology conference and everyone was using that word and it was everywhere! So my second nomination is ubiguitous. It's fun to say and can be used in numerous places!

    Boo
    (Original Gangsta, in case you didn't know my new title!)

    ReplyDelete