Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Random Act of Kindness for October (and a cute picture of my daughter)

Things have been nothing short of insane here.  We are making it through little by little and I am just trying to take things as they come.  October is rapidly coming to a close and sadly I have to report that there has been little thought by me given to other people.  Okay, that probably isn't entirely true...I always have a lot of good thoughts...what I have been lacking is time to see those thoughts through.

So, for this month I decided that we would take one of the many pumpkins we have ended up with from our trips to the pumpkin patches...you know...the Fred Meyer pumpkin patch and the Winco pumpkin patch and the Safeway pumpkin patch....you know, pumpkin patches.  Anyway, Taelin and I gutted one of the pumpkins and with some store bought flowers made a nice arrangement to take to her daycare/preschool tomorrow.  It was fun to stop and spend some creative time with Taelin.  She was excited because she got to "help" with the scissors and got to figure out where the flower went.  It certainly wouldn't win any floral arrangement awards (I am assuming they have something like that....) but she was very proud of it when she was done.

Here is a picture of the final product plus probably the last picture I will take of my cold, hard-to-clean tile floor as the kitchen demolition starts tomorrow!


Cute isn't she....

1 comment:

  1. The picture is crazy cute...and we have the same awful kitchen tile. Ugh. Good luck with everything on your very big plates...we're thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete