Thursday, October 4, 2012

Divergent by Veronica Roth

This book was SO good and I can't wait to read the second one. It was recommended by a friend and I was in love with the book from the very first page.

It is a young adult novel that is set in dystopian Chicago and starts explaining the five factions that make up their society. Each society represents a certain virtue and once a year, anyone that has turned 16 has to pick which faction that want to belong to from that point on.  That sometimes results in them leaving their family and way of life.

Beatrice is noticeably different right from the beginning and the book follows her through her choice and the secret she is told to keep. As she goes through initiation and finds out more about the faction she choose, she starts to realize there is more to it all.

I can't really write more without giving things away, but I do have to say that I am so glad that there are two more books so I can keep following Beatrice and her story.  I don't have the second one, Insurgent, but I need to get it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment