Saturday, February 9, 2013

Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back. - Arthur Rubenstein

Today was one of the best days I have had in a long time.  I went to the gym and had a really good run.  I had an eye appointment and then Joe, Taelin and I went out for lunch.  We did some shopping to get a few things we needed around the house.  We then spent about 3 hours in bed.  Joe and I took turns napping while the other entertained Taelin with iPad apps and books.  We got up and went to dinner (I didn't cook a thing today!) and when we got back we built a blanket fort which Taelin decided to sleep in for the night.

Nothing too exciting, right?  Well...probably not too exciting when I just type it out but I honestly wasn't looking for exciting.  I was looking for just "being".  It was absolutely just what I needed.  And, without even really planning it, I was able to check something off my list.  Here are some of the pictures that I snapped during the building of above mentioned blanket fort.

Pre-blanket fort picture

I didn't really know how serious Joe was going to get about this whole thing.

Easily my two favorite people!  Love them!

Adding a door.  She was slightly upset there wasn't a garage.

In case you can't tell, this is a pull-string light.

chillin'

The two things she decided to bring in the blanket fort: books and her lacing cards.

Final product.  Spoken as a true geek, Joe says this is the "beta" version.


I can't really put into words how much I love these two and how much I love my life with them.


EDITED 8:55 a.m. morning after:  Taelin slept in the blanket fort all night and when I woke up and wandered out to the kitchen around 8:00 I hear her call my name.  I go over and stick my head in and she is sitting with her stack of books beside her, a little frustrated that she can't read the words, but mostly enjoying what she called "the quiet morning time."  She is currently sitting in there playing puzzles...



No comments:

Post a Comment