Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. ~Joseph Addison

There is a sense of relief that comes with the end of a big project. There is a sense of accomplishment when it a job well done. There is a sense of pride when it is job you weren't sure you were going to finish. Tonight, as I am working on this post, I am happy to say that I am feeling all three of those things. Oh, and I am really, really tired.

It is hard to believe all that has transpired in the last week. There (of course) is a long story behind it all but that story isn't really relevant. Today I did something kind of amazing. And I think, for the most part, I lived my "one little word". Grace was certainly present and I think out of everyone, I provide the most grace to myself. I had one of those opportunities to be the person I want to be, even when things got hard.

Sitting in this cramped airplane seat with a sore elbow from the beverage cart that just got smacked, I am feeling very grateful. I am on my way home from the New Teacher Center's annual symposium. I met a lot of new people and saw some familiar faces from previous trips. I now have Twitter account that I am planning to use to connect to educators all over the country for my own professional development. I heard stories from others and got to tell some of my own about the work I am privileged to do. I was reminded of the wonderful people I work with and we even got to play a little bit too. I have found some people and places of inspiration and I think I might have even inspired a few people myself. I am feeling renewed and rejuvenated about my work. I am feeling very grateful.

I am feeling vey grateful, too, that I am on my way home. I am on my way to a husband and a daughter that I know love me and missed me. I am grateful that the stress of the past week is behind me and that I can realign my home and work and get back trying to achieve the balance of the two. I am looking forward to bedtime stories and blanket forts, puzzles and play dough.



No comments:

Post a Comment