Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fool Moon, Grave Peril, and Summer Knight by Jim Butcher

A few weeks ago Joe talked me into reading one of his current series (of which there are currently 14 books) and after I read the first book I liked it enough to read the second one, Fool Moon.  That was good enough that I then read the third one, Grave Peril.  That one was really good and I started Summer Knight, the fourth one, and finished it when I should have been napping during our Disneyland trip.

All to say, I am indeed hooked!  The writing got less choppy by the third one and they are actually pretty quick reads! Harry Dresden is a local wizard that is a bit of a rogue.  In the second book there are a bunch of werewolves that are wreaking havoc, in the third book there are vampires that are plotting against him and in Summer Knight there is a big faerie war that he is trying to prevent.  Not really my normal cup of tea for sure but I am enjoying them just the same.

In fact, I am enjoying them enough that when I started by book for book club that it took me awhile before I kept wondering when the wizard was entering the story.  (There is no wizard in my book club book.)

No comments:

Post a Comment