Friday, July 5, 2013

Blueberry Tart

We had big plans for the 4th of July.  We were going to go kayaking and then come back to BBQ and then light off fireworks.

That was before I got a wicked sunburn on my shoulders and our friend had 2 ribs that detached from whatever they were supposed to be attached too.  Both of those resulted in not going kayaking so I felt like I need to whip up some things to snack on until we were going to BBQ steak later in the day.  I made a fruit and veggie tray, bought some chips and made a dip and then made his blueberry tart from some of last of the frozen blueberries from last year.

It was super easy and super yummy!  Original recipe is here!  I didn't change a thing!

Ingredients
1 puff pastry sheet thawed
1 lb of frozen blueberries, thawed
1/2 of sugar (I used brown sugar because it was all I had!)
3 Tablespoons of cornstarch

Directions
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large baking sheet roll out the puff pastry and lightly flour the top.
3. In a medium bowl combine blueberries sugar and cornstarch.
4. Spoon blueberry mixture in to the middle of the puff pastry.
5. Fold up the sides of of the puffed pastry and bake 30-35 minutes.
6. The crust should be golden brown and the blueberries bubbling.
7. Cool before cutting.


While it was made with blueberries, I can't really imagine how this wouldn't work with other kinds of berries.  It makes me want to go out and do some more picking/freezing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment