Friday, July 5, 2013

Spicy Turkey Burgers

I have been on a new recipe kick this week!  I am enjoying our lazy days at home with time to peruse Pinterest and Allrecipes for possible new recipes and the time to actually try them out.  We are having plenty of fun time together too, but I am enjoying the few minutes I steal away to look at recipes or blog. (Taelin is currently cuddled up next to me watching a Magic School Bus...a new-to-her show that she loves!)

Anyway, I was looking at Allrecipes the other day and came across this recipe.  I thought I would give it a try.

The original recipe is here and since I wasn't making a ton of burgers (and didn't have everything on hand) I changed it a little bit.

Ingredients
1 lb of ground turkey
1 Tablespoon of mince garlic
2 Tablespoons of green chiles (I used the canned kind)
1/4 chopped cilantro
1/8 cup of soy sauce
1 Tablespoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of dry mustard
1 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce

Directions
1.  Mix all the ingredients together and form into patties
2.  Spray some olive oil on each patty and grill on a medium grill.  Be sure to spray the other side before you flip!


I did like these burgers but nothing quite compares to a juicy beef hamburger.  Joe ate two of them though so I think you will be seeing this in the rotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment