Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Photo A Day June 24-30

We had a whirlwind trip to Yellowstone Park last week and visiting my parents so most of my pictures from last week are representative of that.  I already shared some of my favorites from the park, so I decided my photo a day's would be different.  (Considering we did just one day in the park anyway there wouldn't have been a chance to share much of that trip in this post anyway.  Someday when Taelin is older we will go back for a longer chunk of time and see more!)

june 24, 2013
at the restaurant after we got picked up at the airport.
 taelin did not want to wear her cowboy boots to Montana...
until I paid her two dollars to do it.
 (I tried paying her one dollar but she held out for two!)

june 25, 2013
this was our one day in the park and this was our first stop,
which was actually a bathroom stop, and a little log balancing just had to happen

june 26, 2013
making monster cookies with Grandma and Grandpa

june 27, 2013
at the school playground down the hill from my parents house

june 28, 2013
a picture and letter that taelin dictated to me
(all my teacher friends can imagine how excited I was when taelin brought me the
sticky note and pen and said, "Mama, will you please write down the words I have in my head."
Such an important part of understanding that words convey meaning!
Ok...I will take my literacy teacher hat off now.  Here is the letter in case it is too small.
"Dear Yellowstone Park, I know to not be loud when I am near a buffalo.
When I go to Yellowstone Park, I love to see buffalo.  Whenever I
see a buffalo, I want to pick a buffalo that is pretend.
All the things at Yellowstone Park are real.  Love, Taelin"
june 29, 2013
While we had a great trip, Taelin was glad to be home.  She gets to watch
something on the iPad when I am getting ready and I took a quick picture to
capture that.  Right now, she is working through the Magic School Bus episodes that are on Netflix.

june 30, 2013
Tea parties are still an important part of our days!
Her new frog tablecloth is courtesy of Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment