Sunday, March 4, 2012

Baked Cheese Tortellini

It is only because I am easily going to get my 50 new recipes before my deadline, that I am even counting this as a "recipe".  It was so ridiculously easy that I almost felt guilty serving it at a party...like I was cheating or something.  The recipe I used has 4 ingredients, and that is counting the spray you would use for the pan to prep it for baking.  The orginal recipe called for a few more things that could add some flavor, but I specifically made this recipe for my cousin Scott who is a little more reserved in the flavor department than other most.

Ok....get ready...if you aren't paying attention you could miss the entire thing.

Ingredients:
1 bag of frozen cheese tortellini
1 jar of Alfredo sauce
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Cook the bag of frozen tortellini as directed on the package. Drain well and return to the pot.
2. Combine the tortellini with the Alfredo sauce carefully since you don't want the pasta to fall apart.  Once it is combined, put pasta and sauce in a slightly greased casserole dish.
3.  Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the tortellini and baked in the oven for 3o minutes.

See...it was that easy.  The recipe is pretty simple but doesn't have to stay that way.  One could add a bunch of different kind of things like crispy bacon and/or roasted vegetables.  It was good but  I don't know that I will make it again anytime soon. It was just a little too rich and at this point I actually prefer tomato sauce over a creamy Alfredo.  But, it was a crowd pleaser and worked very well as something that was made the day before.

Ok, I am making myself promise that the next new recipe be a little more involved than this one so I can gain some cooking credibility back!  Oh....that could be exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment