Wednesday, March 14, 2012

nugatory: of little or no consequence

I like this word.  There isn't really any reason that I picked it for this week.  I was looking at the words of the day from the past week and this is the one that I liked.  

I would like to think I am becoming a little better at letting go of the nugatory things in my life.  I still have a ways to go, but I would like to think that my perspective on what is truly important is becoming clearer.  I am sure that it won't ever be something that I "arrive" at just because my future experiences are sure to change and shape my perspective.  My hope is that with continued and focused work on recognizing the things are are truly nugatory that I will be able to truly let go of them and bring more peace into my heart.

So maybe there is a reason I picked this word after all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment