Monday, March 5, 2012

There is no small act of kindness. Every compassionate act makes large the world. ~Mary Anne Radmacher

My heart is feeling heavy tonight.  I got some sad news about a friend of mine this afternoon; news that for her will be life-altering.  I have another dear friend that is finding herself in a life she never imagined and has just started the long journey of change.  My heart hurts for the hurt they are feeling now and it hurts for the future hurt they will feel as they try to carry on.

I feel helpless...mostly because I am.  I feel incredibly grateful for what I have right now in my life and that my problems are small even if they feel big to me.  My work this week is to remember that there is no small act of kindness.  There are but a few things that truly matter; keeping that perspective will serve me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment