Saturday, March 3, 2012

flexuous: full of bends or curves

We are home, safe and sound, from our vacation to San Diego. The sun did finally come out and we had busy and fun-filled days while we were there.  We hit the big ones...Sea World, the San Diego Zoo (check that off the list), a harbor tour...and I think the family favorite...Legoland!

Legoland was on our last day before going home and the sun really did shine that day.  I was fairly unaware about what Legoland had to offer when I started planning this trip but it was perfect for Taelin.  They had a lot of different kinds of rides, many of them with the height requirement of 36 inches.  Taelin's last doctor appointment few weeks ago with her ear infection put her at 35 3/4 inches...so with her tennis shoes she was just fine!

One of the rides was this little (kind of little) roller coaster that I thought for sure wouldn't be something she would be able to do..and I was okay with that.  It was flexuous and whipped around; it just didn't look like something I wanted my little baby riding on.  Joe went to check the requirements and was excited to report that she could indeed go!  (I will admit that I was a little worried about Joe and his back as well....)  Anyway, we went on and Taelin loved it!  In fact, it was the one ride that we came back around to at the end of the day and it is the one she is declaring her favorite.  And with that, I realized that my "baby" isn't so much a baby anymore.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! So glad you had such a great time! You all deserve it! Look forward to stories and pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete