Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future. ~Author Unknown

Tomorrow Taelin will be 3 1/2.  How in the world did that happen?  Even though I can look through all the pictures we have taken since she was just minutes old and remember all the stories behind them, I look at this picture and my eyes fill with tears.  How in the world did that happen?

I seems like it was just a few weeks ago that she needed me for every little thing and even though I was exhausted, I gladly gave her everything I had.  I swear it was just a few days ago that we had to baby-proof the house.  Wasn't it just yesterday that she decided that her favorite color was pink?  That she even understood that there was such a thing as a favorite color?

No.  It was just a few days ago that she decided that she was wearing those jeans with her favorite dress because, "I like these jeans with this dress.  It is my new favorite.  And I need my green necklace for an accessory.  And my pink sparkle shoes will look the best."

The other day she told Joe and I that when she grows up "bigger, bigger" she will be so big that she won't need us anymore.  The thought of that takes my breath away.  Then just tonight she told Joe that she will stay with us "forever and forever and forever".  Neither is true.  Both break my heart.

Tonight I am so completely overwhelmed with the person she is becoming and the absolute love I have for her.  Grateful doesn't even begin to cover it.


1 comment:

  1. I love this picture - and the new look.Taelin is such a blessing in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete