Monday, August 20, 2012

Silver Falls State Park...a 3 mile hike!

We have been to Silver Falls State Park before but I have only been on the one short loop around the closest waterfall.  I love waterfalls, but going to see them usually includes hiking up and down and that just isn't my thing.  I have wanted to see some of the other falls though, so I put it on my list and to be honest haven't giving it much thought since.

This last weekend, after taking a much needed afternoon nap, I wandered out of the bedroom to see Taelin and Joe with backpacks ready and my tennis shoes on stand-by.  At first I was going to let the 2 of them go without me.  I really hadn't been feeling well and even though I had just napped I felt like I could go and take another one.  But, luckily, my list called to me and I sucked it up and went.

And I am so glad that I did.  Here are a few pictures from our afternoon adventure...




A rare photo of the three of us!

Love these two




There was A LOT of climbing...some of it I just had to look away.


So...that was more than a few pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment