Thursday, August 2, 2012

Give to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself. ~Robert Green Ingersoll

It seems like such a simple thing, but it clearly isn't for some.

My hope for Taelin is that she will be happy and healthy.  I hope she finds something she loves doing and does it.  I hope her friends treat her with kindness and love and that she does the same.  I hope she finds someone wonderful to share her dreams and life with and that they are respectful of the person that she is, good and bad.  I hope she is strong enough to stand up when she feels like something isn't right and that someone will stand up for her if she needs it.  

I hope a lot of things for my little girl.

In many ways, she is who she is going to be.  There will be people that come in and out of her life that shape it.  There will be experiences (positive and negative) that will shape the person that she will be.  But who is she, at her core, is already there.  Some of these things she already knows about herself and others are yet to be known to anyone.  I love all of who she is already, without even needing to know it all.  I can't imagine it being any other way and I hope she understands that I love her that way everyday of her life.

There is a lot of talk out there right now that is filled with judgment, at the very least, and in some cases anger, hate and fear.  I think a little of the Golden Rule could come in handy right now.








No comments:

Post a Comment