Saturday, November 17, 2012

Night Road by Kristin Hannah

I am feeling really lucky for some of the books that I have been reading lately.  They have all been fantastic and I am loving the time I am finding for reading.  (The floors in my house disagree, but they don't get to vote.  They can get cleaned later.)

One of the books that I started before I left for Chicago and finished on my trip (when there isn't a house to clean, a family to spend time with or things to cook) was Night Road by Kristin Hannah. Hannah has written many novels and they are all now on my "to-read" Goodreads list.

This book I think is really broken up into two parts.  The first part follows Jude, a mother of twins Mia and Zach, through the high school years.  Jude is the kind of mother she wishes she would have had and is definitely what would be considered a "helicopter" mom.  Another young girl, Lexi who has a sad past, moves into town and is forever intertwined with Jude, Mia and Zach.

The second part of the book follows the characters after a horrible tragedy has struck.  While the first part of the book was great (there was a bit of heavy-handedness about underage drinking that took me out of the book), the second part of the book was amazing.  I stayed up until 2 in the morning (which wasn't wise considering a two hour time difference and an early morning wake up call) because I just could not stop turning the pages.  I HAD to find out what happened.

I had puffy eyes the next morning from the late night and the amount of crying I did but it was so worth it.  Looking again at the cover gives me chills and makes me want to read it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment