Monday, November 5, 2012

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Awhile ago I read Divergent by Veronica Roth and I could not wait to read the second in the series, Insurgent.  Except that I did have to wait and I was a little cranky about the whole thing.  I finally just downloaded the book onto my iPad and I read it in two days!

It was a great follow up to the first book, pretty much picking up where the last one had left off.  Unlike many books in a series, Roth did not spend a lot of time reminding you of what happened in the first book. It was a good thing that I had just read the first one because there are a lot of characters to keep straight.  I will probably have to reread both of them again when the third one comes out.

I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first book but I still loved it. The story became more complex as characters and their relationships become more complicated.  I felt like the first book left me hanging but it was nothing compared to how this second book ended.

The only downside of this series is that I now have to wait until next fall (Fall 2013) for the last one to be published.

No comments:

Post a Comment