Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Traditions

It seems like there a lot of things on my list, relatively speaking, that have something to do with the Christmas season.  My December Daily book (which will hopefully get put together before going back to work), making gingerbread houses, pictures with Santa....  I guess they are all my attempt at trying to start things that Taelin will maybe want to do year after year.   I don't have a lot of traditions that "have" to be done this time of year; I guess my family just didn't have many of them when I was growing up.

Another thing on my list was baking and decorating sugar cookies.  This one wouldn't have necessarily had to have been done around the holiday season, but for the sake starting traditions, Taelin and I rolled up our sleeves and got to work.

Here is her cutting some out....



Here is a picture that actually doesn't do justice to the amount of sprinkles and decoration that were used...

Some of the finished product...

And the inevitable conclusion....

We had a great time with another friend who thankfully took some of the cookies home.  I have a weakness for sugar cookies so it helps that we only have a few and that we are saving some of them for Santa....although I have an "in" with Santa and he said he would share one of the cookies with me on Christmas Eve.  I was a lot of fun and Taelin has already asked to do it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment