Monday, December 19, 2011

Italian Beef

There is a message board that I frequent that has a recipe that has been making the rounds.  It is a recipe for Italian Beef to make Italian Beef sandwiches.  The one thing that had me hesitating to make it is that it used a really fatty piece of beef in a crockpot and then shredded it in it's own juices.  Probably really yummy...not so good for us.  Then one day I was looking in the freezer for what I had and came across a flank steak.  Not usually something that would be used in the crockpot, but perfect for trying this recipe.

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp parsley
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of pepperoncinis
1 lb flank steak

Directions:
1. Mix first 7 ingredients in the crockpot. Add flank steak to mixture.
2. Turn crockpot on high for 6 hours.  Turn meat over occasionally.
3. After the 6 hours is up, shred the meat in the crockpot.

I served the meat on toasted rolls with grilled onions and peppers.  I broiled provolone cheese after adding everything on the roll.  It was REALLY, REALLY yummy and super easy!  I will definitely be making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment