Sunday, December 11, 2011

Roasted Green Beans

Here I am again, calling something that could hardly be called a recipe, a recipe.  I have a lot of green beans in the freezer right now from this summer.  They are all packaged up thanks to my food saver and I have been pulling at least one package out a week.  Joe would much prefer canned green beans but I think they are too salty for us plus the beans I have in the freezer were ones that Taelin and I picked as a part of Salem Harvest.  We picked 10 lbs of beans one night...we got half of them to take home for free and the other half were donated to the local food bank.  So, Joe isn't going to get his canned beans for awhile...sorry.

I got a cool little toaster oven for my birthday this year that was a life-saver when we were going through the kitchen remodel.  When the remodel was over, I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the toaster oven on the counter or not...and then I started cooking again and it hasn't left it's spot.  It is great for a lot of things, but it is especially good for roasting vegetables when I have the oven otherwise occupied.  I looked up quite a few recipes and some of them were quite elaborate (apparently those people don't have toddlers to entertain) but I kept it simple.  

Ingredients:
1/2 lb of green beans
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 clove of garlic, minced

Directions:
1.Trim the green beans however you like.  I just cut off the one end and left them longer.
2. Toss the beans with the olive oil, salt and garlic.
3. Roast at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until they start to brown.


They were ok like this, but the next time I make them I will probably do a little more to them.  Maybe some different kinds of spices to match what we are having as the main entree.  

No comments:

Post a Comment