Sunday, December 11, 2011

nattering: to talk incessently

I know that people think I am a liar when they see Taelin in person, but that girl can talk.  She clams up when she is around people, even those she knows pretty well, with but a few exceptions.

Perhaps it is just the way with 2 year old girls, but her nattering has taken on a whole new level in the past couple of weeks.  I love it all, even when it is too much.  I would say about half the time she is actually talking to someone and the other half...well, who knows.  Sometimes it is like she is her own little Twitter feed, which is a joke that we have been making for awhile now but has taken a whole new meaning on.

I need to be better about writing some of her gems down.  There have a been a couple of hilarious stories of late involving body parts that need to be preserved for later embarrassment.  And then there are the sweet things I swear I will remember forever, but surely won't.  For instance, when one of us tells her we love her she replies, "I love you too either."

Even though things have been so busy, I try to remember to stop and really listen when she is talking to me.  People say that the time just flies by and I thought I understood what they meant by that.  But I realize now that I don't...which makes me realize that I probably really don't understand yet. It is easy to get caught up in all the things that life throws at us...or the things we stick ourselves in the middle of...but I need to anchor myself in what is important.  And right now, what's important is the nattering of a two-year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment