Sunday, December 18, 2011

lexicology: the study of the formation, meaning, and use of words and of idiomatic combinations of words

So, this whole "learn a new word every week" thing isn't working out as I thought it would.  I think I might need to start reading books for pleasure again because that is where I run into words I don't know.  This picking a random word I don't know is not doing much for truly building my vocabulary.  Or maybe it is just that lexicology isn't that exciting to me....  Either way, I already replaced one of my goals with this goal so kind of like a white elephant gift, I can only replace it so many times.  I guess I will just need to figure out how to make it more exciting!

Here is to next week...and the amazing new word I will share!

No comments:

Post a Comment