Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Going back to work...getting up really early...time for a little gratitude!

Last night I went to set my alarm for the first time in forever and I have to admit that my initial reaction was a combination of groaning and whining.  I caught myself before I got to far and said to myself, "Be grateful you have to set your alarm; you have a job."

So, I decided that before I went to bed that I needed to quickly make a list of a few of the things I was grateful for over the last couple of weeks....


*Christmas break
*glitter nail polish and pedicures with friends
*huge counters for preparing food for Joe's birthday
*a daughter that shows gratitude and kindness on her own (a really cute story that needs to be told when there is more time)
*day of scrapbooking with friends
*conversations with friends not seen often enough
*Taelin reading books on her own (makes this Mama proud)
*the matching aprons my mom made for Taelin and I...there will be some kind of baking this Friday
*Joe's job and the mandatory vacation time he has to take...this will allow for some awesome family time soon...and some things to get checked off the list!
*having a job to set an alarm for

Gratitude is an art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture.  ~Kak Sri

(I am working on it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment