Monday, January 30, 2012

December Daily 2011...DONE!!!

You may or may not remember this post where I talked of my plan to create a December Daily mini-book for 2011.  The idea behind it is that you capture the moments of December and put them all in a scrapbook.  Because December is usually a crazy month, ideally you try and finish as much as the scrapbook ahead of time so that all you have to do is stick the pictures in later and journal.  It is something I have been wanting to do for the Taelin's first two Christmas' but it didn't happen...but it did this year!!!

Here are a few pictures...

The cover...which you already saw in the other post.  But this time the ribbons are all there.

If I could have fit more ribbon on these rings and still been able to open it, I would have.  There is NO such thing as too much ribbon.


The day we went to hear the singing at the Capitol building. It was one of my favorite moments of December.

Getting our Christmas tree

Some days I just didn't get a picture...so I just wrote about it.  Often times, those were our craziest days! 

Decorating sugar cookies...another one of my favorite moments.

Some ended up being two pages.  Christmas Eve was one of those days...here is the first page...

and here is the second page.  (That is us leaving cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.)

I really did have a lot of fun with this project.  I was cursing it a little bit in the middle of things just because I started to feel like one more thing I had to get done, but I am so happy I did it.  It was only a month ago and I already had fun reading the journaling and looking at the pictures.

It is pretty simple in terms of embellishments on the pages.  I could have added a lot more, but to honest I just wanted to capture the pictures and the stories.  I don't want to get too far behind with all my scrapbooking and while I love all the little stuff, it takes a lot longer.  


As a little bit of a bonus project, I decided to do something with the Christmas cards and pictures we got in the mail.  I saw an idea on Pinterest where the person bound all the cards and letters and packed it up with the Christmas stuff.  Then the next year (and subsequent years) you can see how families grow and change.  I decided to use our own picture as the cover and just used number stickers to indicate the year.  I didn't get it done in time for it to get packed up with the Christmas stuff, but I did get it done before next Christmas...and that is saying something!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I love it! I'm still working on mine ~ no surprise!

    ReplyDelete