Friday, January 6, 2012

Wordy Wednesday: 2 days late...again

I am a little behind with my word this week....I don't know why I am having such a hard time keeping up with this one.   Here are a few of the "word of the days" from this week that could have have been found around in the internet....

sprat: a small or inconsequential person or thing  (this one makes me kind of sad...I don't like the idea of a inconsequential person)

calaboose: a local jail  (this one would be fun to work into a conversation)

feckless: lacking purpose or vitality; feeble or ineffective (this one could have been useful a little earlier this week...but I am feeling better)


bombastic: high-sounding; high-flown; inflated; pretentious (this one I found in an article about a politician..I like it a lot...the word, not the politician) 


So there you go...maybe you can find a way to work one of these into a conversation this weekend.  Is there anyone out there that thinks that could work all four of these into a sentence?  Hmm...I am going to have work on that....

No comments:

Post a Comment